Brink's Business Expense provides customizable, easy-to-use tools for your accounting needs.
No matter what accounting software you need, we help simplify and speed up your bookkeeping by providing the ability to tag transactions with Account, Class, and/or Location directly in the Brink's Business Expense system before exporting reports. Users with Business Owner and Admin profiles can benefit from these tools.
To set up expense coding for the first time as a non-QuickBooks Online user:
1. Navigate to the Transactions page on the Brink's Business Expense site and select the Accounting tab
2. Click the Accounting Export button in the upper right corner
3. Select one of the existing accounting software options or Other Accounting Software if you do not see your preferred software.
4. Next, we'll then guide you through a step-by-step wizard to help code your expenses based on your unique needs.
5. Using the wizard, you are first prompted to add GL accounts manually or via our bulk import capability using a .CSV file. Once added, there will be two columns: Display (user-friendly) and Code (internal coding).
6. You can also swap between tabs to enter Location and Class
7. Finish the wizard set-up process
After setting up your new accounting tool, you can log in at any time and access this custom report again:
1. Click on Accounting Export and you will be directly taken to the software export page
2. Click through with your software choice to select the start date for Export and review filters to ensure that this is what you want to sync
3. Press sync to create custom .csv file to import into your accounting system
Want to tag your transactions directly in Brink's Business Expense?
- You can upload a .csv document with field values or enter the Account, Class, and/or Location fields manually through the wizard.
- These fields will then appear on the main transactions page so you can easily tag transactions as needed.
QuickBooks Online users who use our integration now have more customization options than ever.
To set up your QuickBooks Online integration for the first time:
1. Click on Accounting Export and select QuickBooks Online from Wizard
2. Connect QuickBooks Online account and answer basic 2 questions about structure
3. Review field values for Account, Class, and Location that have been pulled in automatically
4. You will have the choice to edit any fields that you would like to either not show in Brink's Business Expense or that you want to display differently in Brink's Business Expense
5. Finish wizard
To access your QuickBooks Online integration and reporting after set-up:
1. Visit the Accounting tab of the Transactions page
2. Filter transactions as needed
3. Utilize the bulk tag option to add Account, Location, and/or Class
4. Click on Accounting Export and you will be taken directly to the QuickBooks Online export page
Tagged fields will then sync back to your QuickBooks Online system, manually or automatically based on your preferences.
If you would like to map a different Brink's Business Expense field to one of the fields imported from QuickBooks online, you may do edit or delete any of these fields using the tabs on the Accounting Export QuickBooks page.